- 240 g Butter, chopped
- 100 g brown sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 drops Orange Oil, optional
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 egg white
- 250 g pure icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- pink food colouring
Preheat the oven to 160°C F/F
1. Add butter, sugar and vanilla to the .
2. Cream sp4/30secs. Scrape.
3. Add egg and cream together sp4/15 secs. Scrape.
4. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, orange oil (optional) and salt.
5. Blend sp4/15 secs. Scrape.
6. Add currants sp3//5 secs, or until combined.
7. If mixture is firm enough to roll into balls, continue in the next step, or cover dough in clingwrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins or so.
8. Roll into app. 20g balls, place onto trays, flatten slightly.
9. Swirl tops or leave flat.
10. Bake 15 mins or until golden.
11. Cool slightly on trays, before placing on wire trays to cool completely.
12. Swirl a small amount of icing onto the top of each biscuit.
1. Insert butterfly.
2. Beat egg white sp4/1min. Scrape.
3. Slowly add icing sugar sp4/2mins.
4. Add water slowly through the MC if required, 1tsp at a time.
5. Colour with food colouring drop by drop, through the MC at the same time as water.
As close as you can get to the original Nabisco Coffee scrolls..
You can also ice with white chocolate, melted and coloured pink.
Heaven with a cup of tea..
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe