- 240 g Butter, chopped
- 100 g brown sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 drops Orange Oil, optional
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 egg white
- 250 g pure icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- pink food colouring
1. Add butter, sugar and vanilla to the .
2. Cream sp4/30secs. Scrape.
3. Add egg and cream together sp4/15 secs. Scrape.
4. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, orange oil (optional) and salt.
5. Blend sp4/15 secs. Scrape.
6. Add currants sp3//5 secs, or until combined.
7. If mixture is firm enough to roll into balls, continue in the next step, or cover dough in clingwrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins or so.
8. Roll into app. 20g balls, place onto trays, flatten slightly.
9. Swirl tops or leave flat.
10. Bake 15 mins or until golden.
11. Cool slightly on trays, before placing on wire trays to cool completely.
12. Swirl a small amount of icing onto the top of each biscuit.
1. Insert butterfly.
2. Beat egg white sp4/1min. Scrape.
3. Slowly add icing sugar sp4/2mins.
4. Add water slowly through the MC if required, 1tsp at a time.
5. Colour with food colouring drop by drop, through the MC at the same time as water.
As close as you can get to the original Nabisco Coffee scrolls..
You can also ice with white chocolate, melted and coloured pink.
Heaven with a cup of tea..
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me" and "Thermify me Breadwinners" for more recipes, tips and cooking class schedules on the Gold Coast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Wholemeal rolls
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)