- 250 g plain flour
- ½ tblspn baking powder
- ½ teaspn rock salt
- ½ tblspn cinnamon
- ½ teaspn g round cloves
- ½ teaspn nutmeg
- 125 g rapadura (or brown) sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter, (chopped)
- 40 g Milk
- 40 g (approx) flaked almonds
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180'C, grease two baking trays.
Place flour, baking powder, salt, spices and sugar in TM31 and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 6.
Add the butter and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 6.
Add the milk and heat for 30 seconds, 37'C on speed 3.
Turn the dough out onto your Thermomat and knead enough to mix any remaining dry bits in.
Roll out to about 3mm think.
Cut into 6½cm circles using a cookie cutter, or you could just cut the dough into 5cm squares.
Arrange on the prepared trays and press almonds into the top.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cookies are ready when they are nicely brown.
Transfer to wire racks to cool before storing in airtight containers.
This recipes was inspired by the Speculaas recipe on page 133 of Julie Goodwin's cookbook - Our Family Table.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kahlua chocolate fudge
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- Chocolate Gingerbread Fudge
- Malt Fudge Slice
- Choc Banana Super Smoothie
- Blueberry ricotta pancakes with a lemon glaze
- Tuna and vegetable pasta bake
- Peanut & Milo Truffles
- Jam and chocolate biscotti
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Caramel Date & Walnut Slice
- Home made Baileys