THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 litre Good quality Coconut Cream, or up to a litre of coconut cream/milk
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder, or 1.5 tsp gelatine
- 1-3 tablespoons coconut oil, helps with setting and creaminess
- 1-2 tablespoons undefined, (darker sweeteners will tinge your yoghurt brown)
- 2 capsules inner health plus, (40 billion or more bacteria needed)
- 120 g Coconut yoghurt or last batch to start next batch, Only applies if you have made this before.
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This recipe is adapted from Yvette's Creamy Coconut but I prefer the automated option so I can leave overnight.
Add 1 heaped tsp of agar agar powder to the bowl
Add the coconut cream to the bowl (Organic Honest to Goodness works best) or use quirky cooking coconut cream recipe.
Add your coconut oil to the bowl.
Heat 5mins, 100/ speed 1
Let contents cool down to 37 degrees (pop in fridge to quicken)
Once bowl and contents are 37degrees, add contents of probiotic capsules plus sugar/sweetener (optional) or use 120g of your last batch as your starter. Nudie Coconut Yoghurt works well as a starter.
Select Automated option (this takes 8 hours at 37c).
When its finished, pour into canister and let it cool and set a little more in the fridge.
If you feel the yoghurt is too thin you can add a couple of tablespoons of Tapioca Flour (Arrowroot) I find it can make it more grainy.
If you feel the texture is too thick, or want to mix something through evenly (vanilla for example), just scrape it all back in to your thermomix and give it a good blitz for 30 secs/sp5 and put it back in the fridge.
Coconut cream or milk needs to be good quality such as honest to goodness Organic (works perfectly) or AYAM.
For starter Coconut Yoghurt, it must be one that contains Cultures (not coconut flavoured) I founf Nudie works great.
This goes really well with Coco nutty Granola which I have posted on here.
Yvette's orginal version can be found here://www.recipecommunity.com.au/basics-recipes/creamy-coconut-yoghurt-dairy-soy-gluten-corn-rice-free-vegan/207853
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Spiced Chai Latte Mix
- Breakfast Bites (Wheat & Refined Sugar Free)
- coco-nutty crunchy granola (I quit Sugar)
- My Raspberry Ripple (I Quit Sugar Sarah Wilson)
- Beetroot Chorizo & Feta Risotto
- Raw Broccoli, Basil & Cashew Pesto
- Ryvita Style Crackers (Wheat, Dairy & Sugar Free)