- 900 gram coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Yoghurt starter, Coyo Natural Flavor is good or else you can use 3 TBSP of your last batch of coconut yoghurt
1. Put coconut cream and tapioca starch into TM bowl. Cook 90*C/9 minutes/ speed 3.
2. Rest until termpature is less than 37*C. (This takes usually about 1.5 hours. Just set the bowl outside the machine, and after about an hour stick it back on and turn the machine on. Wait until the light goes out-if the light for 37* is still on it might still be too hot. )
3. Add maple syrup to TM bowl. stir 4 seconds/speed 3.
4. Add the coconut yoghurt starter. Cook 37*C/3 minutes/speed 2-3.
5. Pour the mixture into your Easiyo. Rest for 12-24 hours. then put coconut yoghurt into fridge. Let it set for a few more hours to thickn up. It will then be ready to eat-yum!
-I have only tried this using Ayam coconut cream.
-I have tried letting it set in the thermoserver but no luck. Have only had luck doing this using an Easiyo.
-I usually leave it for 24 hours. however one time I was in a rush and only left it for 8 hours and it was fine.
-you MUST wait for the 37* light to go out. If it's still on, it could be too hot, and this will kill your starter.
-I've only ever used Coyo as the starter, or else I just use three tablespoons of my most recent batch as starter.
-Don't leave out the maple syrup, it's the sugar that feeds the starter. You don't taste it at all.
-When you take the container out of the easiyo it will still be runny, you need to put it in the fridge for a few hours to cool and then it will thicken up.
-This does actaully freeze really well. I like to put it into single serves and freeze it, then I can grab it in the morning and it defrosts on the way to work.
There are lots of variations, but this is the only method I've tried and it worked so I stick with it. Good luck!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Pancakes
- Sous Vide Japanese style egg
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Chocolate Nut & Seed Balls
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Large Batch Plum Jam
- Large batch Apricot Jam
- Sugar free, Dairy free & Gluten free Banana Bread