- 20 g Rapadura Sugar, or raw sugar
- 50 - 100 g Starter Yoghurt, see notes
- 1-2 tbsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 litre Long Life Milk
- 60 g milk powder, optional
- Hot water bottle or heat-pack
- Thick towel
**Please read 'notes' section below before starting**
1. Warm Thermoserver with a few inches of boiling water.
2. Add all ingredients to "Closed lid" and heat - 5 min/37 deg/speed 4.
3. In the meantime boil your kettle - this water will be used in a hot water bottle. Otherwise, microwave a heat-pack.
4. When your Thermomix either starts singing to you OR you see it reach 37 deg, empty water from your Thermoserver and pour yoghurt mixture in.
5. Find a quiet place (laundry, pantry) and place your Thermoserver on top of a thick towel and wrap. Place the hot water bottle on top and leave for 5-6 hours minimum.
6. Place your Thermoserver in the fridge for an hour or so before transferring to a jar; this will enable the yoghurt to hold together more.
Accessories you need
Unfortunately yoghurt has a stigma attached to it and some people are afraid to give it a crack. Don't be. This recipe is a never fail!!
* Each time you make yoghurt, reserve 3 heaped tablespoons (approx. 100g) and freeze. The day before you're ready to make your next batch, remove from freezer and place in fridge to defrost. If you forget to reserve some, buy a good quality natural yoghurt.
* The longer you leave the yoghurt to rest, the more tart it will be. I like to leave mine for 5-6 hours. The longer you leave your yoghurt the less lactose it will contain.
*You can pour your yoghurt into glass jars within your Thermoserver and have individual pot set portions. Just warm the Thermoserver with the jars inside.
*Milk powder is optional and will make your yoghurt a little creamier.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Lynn's Spreadable Butter
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Granola
- Grain free/Keto Raspberry Granola
- Peanut crunch protein bites
- Smashed Pea and Haloumi Fritters
- Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
- Creamy Lemon Biscuit Bars
- Simply Delicious Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Mexican Chicken and Corn Bake
- Kids in the Kitchen - White Chocolate and Apricot Easter Roughs
- Wholemeal Spelt (Refined Sugar Free) Banana and Coconut Loaf
- Simple Coconut Chicken Curry with Hidden Veggies for the Kids
- Easy & Delicious Christmas Brandy Custard
- Vegan - 10 second - Choc Mint Mousse (with peppermint essential oil)
- Natural Fruit Flavouring for Yoghurt (with added protein hit and free from refined sugar)
- Mini Cheesy Vegetarian Party Quiches