- 600 g double cream
- 3 pinches sea salt
- 500 g chilled water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Remove butterfly whisk,[/b] scrape down bowl, and beat for a further 10 secs. The mixture should have separated into clumps and a milky substance (buttermilk)
- Tip all contents into a sieve over a large bowl and with a spoon gently squish the butter to strain the liquid away. This buttermilk can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Drain off the water and discard this time.
Add the salt flakes and mix 15 secs / Sp. 4[/b].
- If butter is stuck round the blades, whizz 10 secs / sp. 6[/b].
Freeze for ½ hr and turn out into a dish, or remove paper and wrap generously in cling film and freeze, or leave in the tin in the fridge until required.
The buttermilk is delicious to drink or use in other recipes.
1[/b]/3 pint buttermilk[/b]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot & Date Balls
- Nut butter Porridge
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Easy Batter
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)