- 150 grams turmeric, fresh
- 20 grams ginger, stem
- 200 grams filtered water
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin seed oil
- 3 tbsp cold pressed, coconut oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Soak your fresh tumeric and ginger in warm water for 20 mins and then clean using a clean cloth.
Be aware that tumeric will stain your hands and equipment orange.
Depending on size of your tumeric and ginger they may need cutting you around 4cm lengths. I do not peel mine but you are welcome to do so. I find the back of a teaspoon works well.
Add both to "Closed lid" and grate 10 secs on speed 10. Scrap down sides and repeat until finely grated.
Add filtered water "Closed lid" and set 20mins, varoma, speed 1.5.
Puree 30 secs, stiring at speed 5 and increasing to 10.
Add to "Closed lid" coconut oil, pumpkin seed oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and back pepper.
Stir "Gentle stir setting" 30 secs, speed 5. Allow to cool.
Pour in to a sterilised glass jar and refridgerate . Alternatively you can freeze in ice cube trays.
Tumeric and ginger paste can be used in cooking, in smoothies and I really love it stirred in to warmed up coconut milk with a teeny bit of rapadura sugar.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Blanch Vegetables
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Zucchini Pickle
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns