- 600 g pure cream
1h 10minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Insert the butterfly to your tm bowl.
2. Press tare (make sure that it’s not a negative reading).
3. Pour 600g of pure cream and place the tm lid and mc.
4. Set SPEED 4 and patiently wait next to your thermomix for about 2 to 3 minutes (varies depending on the cream) as it will get bumpy once it’s ready.
5. Now turn it off and pull the tm bowl out.
6. Place the simmering basket into the tm bowl and pour out the buttermilk.
7. Squeeze the butter hard with the help of the spatula and make sure that you have separated all the buttermilk present.
8. Place the butter in a separate bowl.
9. Quickly rinse and dry your tm bowl and place it back.
10. Add the butter back into the tm bowl and set TIME - 60min, TEMP - Varoma, Speed -
11. Once ready - Pour the ghee out with the help of a strainer and store it in an air tight container.
Accessories you need
If your time poor - you can still make ghee in 60 min without any preparation time.
Use unsalted butter and directly go to STEP 10 and enjoy the benefits of GHEE
If using Pure Cream MAKE SURE you purchase the ones which are closer to the expiry date.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.