- 2 litres goat's milk
- 80 grams apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Put butterfly in place.
Add milk to TM bowl and heat for about 15 minutes, 90C, speed 2.
- While blades are rotating at soft speed, "Gentle stir setting" , add vinegar and salt. Stir for 1 minute at soft speed "Gentle stir setting" . Solids and whey will separate.
- Allow to sit in bowl for 30 minutes.
- Line your simmering basket with muslin or cheesecloth or a large handkerchief and strain mix. You will be left with curds in the steamer basket and whey in the ThermoServer or large bowl.
- Rinse the curds with cool water moving it all the time and breaking up into small curds. Dont Squeeze the cloth too much or your cottage cheese will be too dry.
- If you want to eat straight away, you can add a small amount of cream (optional). If not eating immediately, place in an air tight container and store in the fridge.
Accessories you need
Mix some whipping cream when serving for a creamier cheese.Use as a base for a low fat dip - add some herbs and a small amount of olive oil and cream.Enjoy on crackers with toppings of your choice.You can use whey in baking or add to your green smoothies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.