- 1 litre fresh whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. tartaric acid (available from pharmacies and most grocers)
48h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Place cream in TX bowl. Set time 10 min. temp 90C speed soft.2. Mix tartaric acid with 1 Tbl cool sterile water.3. As soon as the cream reaches 90C stop the heat, add tartaric acid, and continue to stir at speed 1 for 1 min.4. Pour into a container and cover tightly to cool.5. Put in refrigerator over night [12 – 24 hours]6. Prepare strainer cloth by boiling for 1 minute and hanging to dry. Use fine cheesecloth doubled or muslin.7. Line a bowl with strainer cloth and pour in cooled cream mixture.8. Gather corners and tie so the bag of cheese can hang and drain.9. Hang in fridge over a bowl to collect whey 12 to 24 hours.10. Put cheese into clean air tight container and keep refrigerated. Use immediately or within 2 weeks.
In cheese making cleanliness is of utmost importance. The easiest way to do this is put about 4 cm water in a stock pot load all the things you will use in and boil for 1 minute. If you are using the cheese soon ordinary cleaning is probably OK but if you expect to keep it sterile is the way.
You get about 60% cheese. These pictures were from 300ml cream and gave 180g cheese.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crushed Ginger
- Crushed Garlic
- Fried OGG Mix (Onion Ginger Garlic)
- Thermomix Easy Omelette in a Bag
- Simple Sugar Syrup
- Super Thick Automated Coyo
- Variation Chocolate Muesli
- Cooking dry chickpeas
- LOW FODMAP Vegetable Stock Paste
- Kids TheraPutty~ Gak ~ Play Goo
- Pete Evans Chia Porridge
- Nut free No Bake Muesli Bar