- 100g butternut pumpkin, peeled &amp; cubed
- 100g amaranth grain
- 250g coconut cream/milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small piece fresh tumeric, optional
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves whole
- 4 heaped teaspoons ground cinnamon
- drizzles of honey, or coconut nectar or other chosen sweetner
Place Amaranth into a bowl & cover with water to soak over night.
The next morning place pumpkin, vanilla bean, ginger, tumeric, cinnamon & cloves into the TM bowl & chop 10 secs speed 10, scape down the sides of the bowl, add the coconut cream & blitz for 30 secs speed 10. Scrape down the bowl & add the strained & rinsed amaranth.
Cook for 15mins, 90 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Serve drizzled with honey & sprinkled with shredded coconut & extra coconut milk to taste.
Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge
The original recipe I have adpated is from Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar for Pumpkin Pie Porridge.
You can use dried ginger instead of fresh & I have added the tumeric to the recipe so you could leave it out or use dried tumeric instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs