- 170-340 grams Quinoa, uncooked, (1-2 cups)
- Water for soaking and rinsing
- 400 grams water for steaming
2h 20minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh uncooked quinoa into Thermomix bowl. Add 1500g filtered water to soak uncooked quinoa for minimum of 1 hour or up to overnight. (Alternatively use another 2L jug or large bowl if you want to use your TM bowl for something else).
Drain using a fine mesh sieve (steaming basket holes are too large). Return the quinoa to the TM bowl. Refill bowl with additional 1500g water and drain again. Then rinse thoroughly through the sieve. Rinse remaining quinoa in TM bowl out into sieve.
Use enough baking paper to line the bottom of the Varoma Steaming Bowl and rinse this under water, crinkle up and lay out in bowl.
Add quinoa to top of wet baking paper.
Add 400g of water to TM bowl for steaming.
Steam for 20 minutes / Varoma / speed 1. Test quinoa and steam for longer if needed, this will depend on how long it soaked for.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Lynn's Spreadable Butter
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Granola
- Grain free/Keto Raspberry Granola
- Peanut crunch protein bites