- 200 g Quinoa, soaked and rinsed, (if you havent soaked Quinoa, cooking time might need to be extended)
- 420 g Almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, (optional)
- 50 g freshly squeezed orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 30 g coconut syrup (or alternative sweetner like agave, honey or rice malt syrup)
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 20 g pepitas
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g Pistacho nuts
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Place almond milk, drained Quinoa, vanilla & Himalayan Salt in mixing bowl and cook 15 mns/90C//speed1. (have your morning shower
2. When finished, check tenderness of Quinoa & liquid level and extend cooking time with another 5 mns or till Quinoa is cooked and all liquid absorbed (if Quinoa hasnt been soaked, you might need to add extra liquid and extend cooking time).
3. Put Quinoa in Thermoserver, sprinkle with cinnamon and make the orange syrup*.
1. Place Orange Juice, coconut syrup and arrow root in mixing bowl and cook 2 mns/100C/speed 2.
2. Divide Quinoa porridge in bowls and drizzle with orange syrup and any other topping choice. Enjoy!
* You can add any topping of choice:
Try 0 almond, cacao nib, goji berry
0 apricot, grated apple, pistachio
0 strawberry, blueberry, raspberry & white chocolate
Soaking your Quinoa (if not prerinsed when packaged) overnight in winter, or 30 mns in Summer, will not only decrease the cooking time, but also remove naturally occuring saponin, which can give a bitter taste.
You can dry roast your seeds and nuts 5 min/Varoma/ before adding to your porridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Almond Seed Snack (Like Munch Crunch)
- fruit Bars or bites
- Creamy Vanilla Yoghurt using EasiYo containers
- chinese five spice
- Omega 3 Seed Mix
- Gluten Free Waffle Mixture
- Easy Pancakes
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Pancakes
- Sous Vide Japanese style egg
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto