- 1500 g full cream unhomogenised milk
- 200 g Cream (optional)
- 50 g white vinegar
1h 20minPreparation 1h 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Add milk & cream.
2. Heat 13 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 2.
AS SOON AS IT REACHES 90 DEGREES STOP HEATING - can be quicker than this time depending on whether milk and cream were in fridge etc.
3. As soon as it hits 90 degrees, add a pinch of salt. Set timer to 2 min 30 sec, speed 1, reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" Slowly drizzle in vinegar in with MC on.
4. Once split, place a chux cloth OR cheese cloth in simmering basket OR use a cheese mold. Pour through and let sit and drain in your thermoserver (about an hour).
5. at this time you may choose to add some herbs of your liking into your cheese mold so flavours infuse through to serve.
Accessories you need
Keep an eye on the time as it reaches temperature.
You can use your simmering basket for a cheese mold with a cloth, but you may choose to use a proper cheese mold with smaller gaps so no need for a cloth.
I like to add fresh herbs from the garden in my mold so it mixes through as it sets.
You can use the whey from this recipe if using good quality fresh milk to make another batch of ricotta following these steps again.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Blanch Vegetables
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER