- Limes/Lemons, zest removed using vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp gluten free cornflour
- Limes/Lemons, remaining flesh
1. Place all pieces of zest and the cornflour into TMX Bowl.
2. Mill 20 secs / spd 9.
3. Remove into ziplock bag & freeze flat.
4. Use zest as necessary.
1. Remove remaining white pith using a sharp vegetable peeler or knife if the fruit is soft. Cut fruit in halves.
2. Place fruit flesh into TMX Bowl.
3. Juice 15 secs / spd6.
4. Strain using sieve or simmering basket into pouring jug & fill ice trays with juice.
5. Once juice is frozen, store cubes in ziplock bags for future use.
Accessories you need
This is a great way to preserve the zest & juice of citrus fruits if you get an abundance from your tree or from a friend.
The ingredients list Lemons/Limes but you could quite easily follow the same steps for grapefruit & oranges, you may just need to juice it for a little longer - you could use the steaming basket for straining.
Do lemons & limes separately, or together; these steps apply for both.
You can add icing sugar to the zest to coat the sides of cheesecakes or roll blissballs in.
The GF cornflour means the zest can be used for GF baking in the future, just in case. It also stops the oils in the zest sticking the pieces together. I used 1Tbsp for around 6 limes, use a teaspoon for 2-3 lemons/limes worth of zest.
This is suitable in TM31 & TM5.
If you try this & you like it, please leave a rating & a comment
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- American Breakfast Pancakes (Nigella Lawson)
- Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Slice
- Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Hommus
- Deluxe Carrot Cake
- Banana, Fig & Almond Bread
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Raspberry & Coconut Macaroons
- Super Creamy Raspberry Sorbet
- Sneaky Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- Campfire Hot Chocolate
- All-In-One Salmon Dinner with Coconut Sauce
- GF Zucchini & Parmesan Loaf (Primal)