THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 400 grams canned coconut milk, (No stabilisers/thickeners)
- 400 grams canned coconut cream, (No stabilisers/thickeners)
- 3 tsp arrowroot starch, (Tapioca starch is fine - in the Asian section at the supermarket)
- 3 tsp agar agar, (From your local Asian supermarket)
- 0.5 sachet Dairy Free probiotic, (From your local health food store)
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Add 50gm vinegar to water in bowl and set Kettle Mode/100deg. Once finished, empty bowl then rinse with clean water and dry with a clean tea towel.
- Add a little of the cooled yoghurt into a bowl, add probiotic (amount will vary – follow packet instructions. I use half a sachet of the probiotic pictured) and stir until smooth. Add yoghurt and probiotic mixture to mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides and mix again 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides.
- With mixture still in the mixing bowl, replace lid and MC and set Fermentation Mode/10hr/45 degrees.
Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt
Accessories you need
This recipe has been adapted from a Cookidoo recipe ("Coconut Yoghurt" from the Homemade Yoghurt Collection).
It is important to clean your utensils and sterilise your jars before you start to eliminate unwanted bacteria. The quality of your coconut milk, coconut cream and probiotic powder will influence the end product. Be sure to source coconut milk and coconut cream with NO stabilisers/thickeners, etc, just coconut (I have included a picture of the ones I use). Also be sure to source a good quality dairy-free probiotic as this will influence the flavour of the final product (picture also included).
I used glass jars that I purchased from BigW (a set of 6 for $5). You can also purchase some gorgeous yoghurt jars from The Mix Shop.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.