- 1000 g UHT full cream milk
- 100 g full cream milk powder
- 45 g raw sugar
- 10 g Vanilla Bean Paste
- 200 g yoghurt, natural, pot set, full fat
8h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Combine milk, milk powder, sugar and vanilla in TM Bowl for 10 sec/Speed 7.
- Add yoghurt, combine 4 sec/Speed 4.
- Heat yoghurt mixture 10 min/37/Speed 3.
Whilst this is happening, heat thermoserver with boiling water. When yoghurt is heated, empty water from thermoserver and pour in the yoghurt mixture.
- Cover thermoserver with thick towel/blanket and leave to set on the bench for at least 6 hours upto 24 hours depending on how thick and sour you like your yoghurt.
- Transfer yoghurt to clean sealable container and refridgerate. It will last two weeks in the fridge but is usually eaten up before then!
Reserve 200g of yoghurt for starter culture for next batch before everyone gets into it and store in fridge in seperate container to avoid contamination.
Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Blanch Vegetables
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER