- 380 g filtered water, luke warm
- 250 g sourdough, homemade
- 100 g whole rye grains
- 300 g white splet flour
- 200 g Bakers flour
- Seeds of choice
1. Place rye grains in Thermomix bowl and mill 1 minute/speed 9.
Set flour aside.
2. Place water and sourdough in Thermomix bowl and stir 2 minutes/37degrees/speed1.
3. Add all flour and combine 6 seconds/speed6.
4. Knead for 2-3 minutes .
5. Place very sticky dough in a bowl covered with a damp kitchen towel and let rise over night (8-12 hours)
6. Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Devide dough into 3 or 4 equal portions. Shape to your liking.
Place dough on a pizza peel covered with wholemeal flour or cornflour. Let bread rest for another half hour or so. sprinkle with flour and slice pattern into the dough with a sharp knife.
6. Slide dough into hot oven onto a pizza stone or oven tray covered with baking paper. Add about 300 ml of cold water in a baking tray in the oven to produce steam while baking.
7. Reduce heat after 10 minutes to 220 degrees and after another 10 minutes to 190 degrees.
30 minutes should be sufficient to bake your bread.
Test by slapping the bottom of the bread with your flat hand. It should sound hollow.
8. Wrap hot bread into a kitchen towel and let rest for at least 2 hours.
Accessories you need
If you don't want to spend 12 hours waiting for the bread to rise, or if you wish a lighter loaf, just add in step 2 2 Tsp of dried yeast (or about 20 -30 g of fresh yeast). You get away with only 100 g of sourdough in that case. All the other ingredients will be the same.
Let the dough in this case just rise till doubled (about 1-2 hours).
Enjoy just with home made butter. yumm!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.