- 150 g Oats,rolled
- 100 g walnut pieces
- 50 g dried coconut, desiccated or flaked
- 45 g chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20 g cocoa powder, (or raw cacao)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 500 g pitted prunes, (or dates)
Add all ingredients to Bowl and mix on Speed 7 until mixture is finely chopped and comes together - approx 10-15 seconds.
NB: You may need to add 1-2 tspn of water or other liquid of choice so that mixture holds together when formed into a ball.
Form into small bite sized balls (it's a bit messy to do!) or press into a lined flat dish for a slice/square bites and refridgerate to firm up.
NB: If using silicone bakingware there is no need to use a paper lining. It can also be free form pressed/rolled onto a Thermomat.
Slice into bites if required (with Spatula if using siliconeware/Thermomat!) and store between layers of greaseproof paper (to prevent sticking).
Store refridgerated for up to 2 weeks.
Serving ideas - make into balls and serve plain or dusted with icing sugar or a mix of cinamon and cocoa as part of a cheese platter or use as a healthy after school snack.
Nut Free version for school lunch boxes can be made substituting pepitas or sunflower seeds for nuts.
Dates will give a drier mix therefore additional liquid may be needed whereas prunes are moist so less liquid will be required.
Ensure prunes and dates are free of seeds before chopping by squeezing each one into the Bowl - tedious but better than a chopped seed throughout your mix!
Gluten Free - substitute quinoa or rice flakes for rolled oats and ensure cocoa powder is GF.
Other nuts can be substituted as desired - use unsalted and ensure they are fresh.
Adapted for TM preparation from "Super Grains", Chrissy Freer, 2013
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!.....Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Knefah Cups
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Steamed date, fig and chocolate puddings with caramel sauce
- Cherry Ripe Balls
- Peppermint Crisp Log
- family sized Apple and raspberry crumble
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Chia Seed Biscuits
- Chia, banana and chocolate muffins (egg free)
- Tart Sourdough Bread (incl step pictures)