THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 lime, zest and flesh separated
- 20 grams Lime or Lemon juice
- 4 Avocados, medium or 3 large
- 1-2 tablespoon Raw Honey, leave out for vegan and use preferred sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can coconut cream, or 250g home made
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, if raw or vegan leave out and freeze your pie or serve as mousse
- 1/4 --- cup coconut shreds, flakes or desiccated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For super smooth zest use a micro plane, otherwise grind the zest in your Thermomix bowl for 5 secs./speed 10. Scrape down and repeat.
Soften the gelatin in 1 teaspoon water then melt in 2 tablespoons boiling water. Stir in some of the coconut cream.
Add the avocados to the mixing bowl and blend for 5 secs./speed 5. If some of your avos are not quite ripe them blend them first before adding the rest and blending together.
Scrape down and add the rest of the ingredinets. Blend for 10 secs./speed 9. Scrape down and repeat.
Pour into a coconut oil greased pie dish, cover and refrigirate. Lovely served cold as a mouse or sliced as a pie.
This is optional, but lovely. Simply mix the honey and vanilla with the coconut until it is evenly dispributed. Or toast the coconut (not raw any more but nice crunch) and add the honey and vanilla off the heat.
Top your Key Lime Pie with Vanilla-Honeyed Coconut and serve!
Vanilla-Honeyed Coconut Topping
Because limes are so expensive and dont have much juice, I just the flesh from one, saving me trying to get every last bit of juice out of it, and some lemon juice or bottled lime juice.
To get the authentic taste of "Key" lime use Lakewoods Organic Pure Lime Juice (avaliable from Health Food stores). As their lime juice is made from the US variety of Key Lime.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- THE BEST RAW AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash