THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 lime, zest and flesh separated
- 20 grams Lime or Lemon juice
- 4 Avocados, medium or 3 large
- 1-2 tablespoon Raw Honey, leave out for vegan and use preferred sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can coconut cream, or 250g home made
- 1 tablespoon gelatin, if raw or vegan leave out and freeze your pie or serve as mousse
- 1/4 --- cup coconut shreds, flakes or desiccated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Snack Supper BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Chef recipes Creative Easy Natural Quick American Carnival Mother's Day Summer Valentine’s Day Dessert Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian USA Pastry Pie, quiche Tart
For super smooth zest use a micro plane, otherwise grind the zest in your Thermomix bowl for 5 secs./speed 10. Scrape down and repeat.
Soften the gelatin in 1 teaspoon water then melt in 2 tablespoons boiling water. Stir in some of the coconut cream.
Add the avocados to the mixing bowl and blend for 5 secs./speed 5. If some of your avos are not quite ripe them blend them first before adding the rest and blending together.
Scrape down and add the rest of the ingredinets. Blend for 10 secs./speed 9. Scrape down and repeat.
Pour into a coconut oil greased pie dish, cover and refrigirate. Lovely served cold as a mouse or sliced as a pie.
This is optional, but lovely. Simply mix the honey and vanilla with the coconut until it is evenly dispributed. Or toast the coconut (not raw any more but nice crunch) and add the honey and vanilla off the heat.
Top your Key Lime Pie with Vanilla-Honeyed Coconut and serve!
Vanilla-Honeyed Coconut Topping
Because limes are so expensive and dont have much juice, I just the flesh from one, saving me trying to get every last bit of juice out of it, and some lemon juice or bottled lime juice.
To get the authentic taste of "Key" lime use Lakewoods Organic Pure Lime Juice (avaliable from Health Food stores). As their lime juice is made from the US variety of Key Lime.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Bircher Muesli
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake