- 1 can coconut cream, (Chilled & Separated)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 150 g banana flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, or 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- The solid Cream from the Can of Coconut Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple, or more to taste
In summer you will need to refrigerate the can of coconut cream the night before so it separates. In winter I find its separated even at room temperature (unless you have central heating).
Start by opening the can of chilled coconut cream and removing the solidified cream on top, leaving the clear or opaque liquid down the bottom.
Refrigerate the solidified cream and keep the liquid for the batter. If your can was pre chilled you can make your whipped cream first and set aside until the waffles are done, of if it was not you must chill it in the freezer for at least 15 minutes while you make the waffles and whip it after.
Once the cream is chilled: In the mixing bowl add the coconut cream, vanilla and honey. Insert the butterfly and slowly increas to speed 3.5 and whip for 1 minute.
Preheat your waffle iron.
In a clean and dry bowl add the egg whites and 1 teaspoon on lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Insert the butterfly.
Slowly increase to speed 3.5 and whip the egg whites for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are stiff and fluffy.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl, you need space later to fold in the batter.
Grease your hot waffle iron well with coconut oil, top and bottom. I find I can just put some solid oil on the hot iron and use a brush to spread it rather than needed to melt it first if it is solidified.
Spoon in about fifth of the mixture for a smaller iron or a quarter for a larger one into the middle of the waffle iron. Spread it out a little then close and cook until done. Mine take about 1-2 minutes.
Serve with whipped coconut cream and maple syrup and lots of fresh fruit (like sliced banana, pears, berries or other soft fruits).
Whipped Coconut Cream
Banana Flour Waffle Batter
Accessories you need
You can keep them warm in the oven but they will get soft. I like to make a double batch and as they are ready pop into a toast rack to cool. I undercook the extra ones we wont eat then pop them in the freezer to warm segments in the toaster another day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Easter Spiced Paleo Cookies (GAPS, Grain & Gluten Free)
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Weetbix Slice
- Tiny Teddies
- Even Healthier Wheatbix Slice