- zest of half an orange
- 80g-120g sugar of choice
- 1 whole clove
- 1 tbsp Rum essence
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 litre Milk
- 30 g cornflour
- 1 cinnamon quill
- whipped cream
- cinnamon quill
- "flake" chocolate
- ground cinnamon
Place zest, sugar and clove in Mixing bowl. Mill on speed 10 for 10 seconds. Repeat if necessary to ensure zest is fine.
Add rum & vanilla essence and the yolk of one egg. Blend on speed 9 for 10 sec. Scrape down sides.
Add milk, cornflour and whole cinnamon quill to bowl. Cook speed 1, temp 100 for 7 min.
Strain through steaming basket and serve hot. Garnish (additional) with whipped cream, cinnamon quill, chocolate and/or ground cinnamon.
Accessories you need
Want alchohol in your eggnog? If you want to make this with rum/brandy - ommit the rum essence, and add 80g (or more!) of liquor of choice once cooked. Mix well.
I used white sugar, but any sugar of choice to taste can be used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- My Bahama Mumma
- Tim Tam Hot Chocolate
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Chai powder spice mix and chai latte with cinnamon sugar
- Simple mango banana smoothie
- Blueberry Moscow Mule with Gin
- pomegranate Lemon Crush
- Chocolate Quik (like Nesquik)
- Matt Prestons Lime Cordial
- Layelle's Sahlab سحلب
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake