- 180 g brown sugar
- 2 lemons, flesh only, no white pith
- 80-100 g piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 1000 g sparkling mineral water, chilled
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place sugar, lemon flesh and ginger into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8.
Add 350 g of the mineral water and mix 4 sec/speed 8. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain ginger mixture into a jug. Discard contents of sieve.
Place reserved ginger mixture and remaining 650 g mineral water into mixing bowl and combine 5 sec/speed 4. Serve over ice, or transfer into a jug and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Depending on your taste preference, add up to an additional 250 g chilled sparkling mineral water in Step 3 before serving.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix (Easter Edition) cooking class.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces