- 180 g brown sugar
- 2 lemons, flesh only, no white pith
- 80-100 g piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 1000 g sparkling mineral water, chilled
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place sugar, lemon flesh and ginger into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8.
Add 350 g of the mineral water and mix 4 sec/speed 8. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain ginger mixture into a jug. Discard contents of sieve.
Place reserved ginger mixture and remaining 650 g mineral water into mixing bowl and combine 5 sec/speed 4. Serve over ice, or transfer into a jug and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Depending on your taste preference, add up to an additional 250 g chilled sparkling mineral water in Step 3 before serving.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix (Easter Edition) cooking class.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry Ripe Smoothie
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Strawberry Liqueur
- Easy Basic Soy Milk
- Beetroot Juice - great for Pre & Post Training
- Variation Soy Milk 豆浆
- Carrot &Apple juice
- Tumeric Soy Latte
- Cinnamon and Mint Tea
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)