- 180 g brown sugar
- 2 lemons, flesh only, no white pith
- 80-100 g piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 1000 g sparkling mineral water, chilled
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place sugar, lemon flesh and ginger into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8.
Add 350 g of the mineral water and mix 4 sec/speed 8. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain ginger mixture into a jug. Discard contents of sieve.
Place reserved ginger mixture and remaining 650 g mineral water into mixing bowl and combine 5 sec/speed 4. Serve over ice, or transfer into a jug and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Depending on your taste preference, add up to an additional 250 g chilled sparkling mineral water in Step 3 before serving.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix (Easter Edition) cooking class.
Other users also liked...
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- Kombucha tea
- Ginger Water
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
- Everyday Smoothie
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Wheat grass juice
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Iced Turmeric Latte (iced Golden Milk)
- Chocolate Thick-Shake
- Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites