- 1 cube cube fresh turmeric, 2 cm
- 1 cube piece fresh ginger, 2 cm
- 1 tsp Organic coconut oil
- 2 pieces pitted dates
- 500 grams Milk of choice
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place tumeric, ginger, oil and date/s into the mixing bowl and chop for 7 seconds at speed 7.
Then add the rest of the ingredients and cook 5 minutes/ 100ºC/ speed 2.
After cooking, blend for 2 minutes/ speed 9. (Increse the speed slowly to avoid food on the lid)
Serve into cups or favourite mug and sprinkle ground black pepper.
Accessories you need
Ground turmeric can be used but I personally like much better the taste of fresh tumeric.
You can make tumeric and ginger paste and freeze it into icecubes for convinience.
Always eat turmeric with a pinch of black pepper to help with the absorption of the compound called curcumin found on the turmeric.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cashew, Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Grain-free crackers the ThermoMonts way
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- ThermoMonts' Brazilian cheese puffs
- Spanish Gazpacho
- Pumpkin and Zucchini soup
- Traditional Hot Cross Buns
- Sugar-Free Energy Love Hearts