- 1200 g water
- 1.5 teaspoons salt, (optional)
- 320 g pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, quartered
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 500 g Milk
- 80 g cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, (optional)
- 1 pinch Nutmeg, (optional)
- 500 g frozen peas, (optional)
- 425 g Tinned tuna, (drained)
Add water to and heat for 10 mins at 100 degrees at speed 1
Add salt and pasta and cook for 7 mins (depending on the type of pasta check packet for details) at 100 degrees at
Drain Pasta in simmering basket (or colander) than place in Thermo Server.
Chop garlic and onion for 2 seconds on speed 7.
Sauté garlic and onion, varoma temperature, speed 1 for 2 minutes.
Add butter, flour, milk, cheese to and mustard, paprika and nutmeg (if using). Cook for 7 minutes at 90 degrees on speed 4.
Add in a large tin of tuna, peas (or 250g peas and 250g corn). Cook for 10-12 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 4 on .
Pour Tuna Mornay over the Pasta in the ThermoServer stirring it in with a spoon or the spatula.
Can serve the Tuna Mornay on it's own, on toast or with pasta (as per the recipe).
You could also add in the cooked pasta when you put in the Tuna but I found the pasta went to mushy and is nicer added in at the end by hand.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- King Neptune Pie
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish - HCG Compiant
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- vegan chickpea loaf
- Easy Mini Quiches
- Dulche de leche
- Easy Cheesey Mac and Cheese
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- SALTED CARAMEL VODKA
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Turkish haydari (thick yoghurt dip)
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)