- 500 grams Spanish Mackerel, flesh only
- 250 grams ice cold water including a handful of ice cubes
- 2.5 level teaspoon sea salt, or 3 teaspoon table salt
- 2 level teaspoon Tapoica Flour
- 1 egg white
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Spanish Mackerel flesh in fridge for 2 hours before starting( par freeze but not frozen)
1.Remove from freezer and place in TM bowl with a few of the ice cubes(best if you can use small cubes)and set at Sp 6 for 30 seconds.
2. Scrape down flesh on wall of TM bowl, and set at Interval/Knead for 6 mins with mc off. Slowly drizzle the rest of ice cubes and ice cold water through the hole in the lid.
3. At 4 mins, add egg white through the lid.
4. At 3 mins, add the tapoica flour through the lid.
5 At 2 mins, add salt and finish the knead process. At the end of the kneading after adding the salt in, you will notice that the paste will become firmer.
6. To mold the fish balls, wet one hand(to prevent paste from sticking to palm), spoon a small amount of paste onto wet hand and slowly squeeze the hand into a fist and paste will ooze out from the hole between the index finger and thumb into a ball, Wet a small spoon and scoop the ball and drop it into a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Continue the process till fish paste finishes.
Leave the fish balls to soak in the water for approximately 30-40 mins to thin out the saltiness(do not soak too long).
Cook fish balls in rolling hot soup or hot water. When they float to the top, they are cooked.
Serve hot with noodles and vegetables or just in a clear broth with some chinese vegetables.
Accessories you need
Do not add the salt early or the paste will not firm up
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Bak Kwa(Chinese Pork Jerky)
- Kuih Seri Muka adapted to the Thermomix
- Ondeh Ondeh adapted to the TM
- Adapted Claypot Chicken Rice
- Clam Chowder
- Adapted Rainbow Cheesecake
- Upside-down sticky orange sponge cake(adapted)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake
- Topsy Turvy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Chorizo, cumin and tomato rice(Cajun dirty rice)