- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g vegetable oil
- 100 g Korma Paste - Curry
- 200 g Potato, diced
- 200 g pumpkin, diced
- 400 g coconut cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 800 g Pearl Perch fillets, (3-4cm pieces)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 3-4 Basil leaves, (sliced very thinly)
- coriander leaves, (to garnish)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add onion & garlic to bowl, chop for 3secs on speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add vegetable oil and Korma Paste - Curry, saute for 3mins, Varoma temp, speed 1.
3. Add diced potato and pumpkin along with coconut cream and vege stock. Cook for 10mins, 100deg, , speed 1.
4. During this cooking time add your pieces of fish to the varoma tray and varoma dish, leaving space between for steam. Lightly season with S&P if desired.
5. Once 10mins is up, add fish sauce to contents of bowl, add the varoma to top of bowl and continue cooking for approximately 5-10mins, Varoma, , speed 1.
PLEASE NOTE - depending on the type of fish you use and the size of your pieces the fish will vary in cooking time. Watch the fish carefully as you do not want to overcook it.
6. When fish pieces are cooked through, place in the bottom of a pre-warmed thermoserver or large bowl.
7. Stir through the juice of half a lemon into the thermomix bowl and add the thinly sliced basil. Pour curry over fish pieces.
8. Allow to sit in thermoserver or bowl for approximately 5mins.
9. Serve with cooked rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
* Use my Korma Paste - Curry recipe for your paste.
* Keep an eye on the fish, the time to cook will vary depending on the fish you choose. I've used Pearl Perch for this recipe and they were approx 2-3cm deep fillets.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish