- 4 cloves Garlic.
- 2-10 Chillies, deseeded., (it de-pends on how hot you want you dish)
- 2 Brown Onions, halved
- 40 grams Butter.
- 20 grams Olive Oil.
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle Passata (700gms)
- 100 grams Paprika Relish, (Optional)
- 250 grams Water.
- 20 grams Apple cider vinegar., (Optional) As some say it is not Paleo
- 1500 grams mussels, Fresh Clean and De-bearded
- 15 grams Himalayan salt
- 15 grams Raw Honey.
- pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. Place onions, garlic and chillies into the mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7 scrape down the bowl and repeat.
2. Add butter and oil and sauté 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
3. Add tin tomatoes, bottle of passata, relish (optional), water, vinegar, salt, honey and cook sauce 30 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2 with the mixing basket on top to allow the steam to get out, but not make a mess.
4. Carefully place the Thermomix basket into the sauce (don't push hard as it will overflow), then add as many mussels as you can fit into the basket. Put the rest of the mussels into the Varoma and place on top of the closed lid.
5. Cook sauce and mussels 15 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
6. Place sauce, and mussels into Thermoserver, sprinkle with chopped parsley, serve and eat!
I hope you enjoy licking your fingers!
Accessories you need
If you would like to see some pictures please stop by my blog at //www.themotherhubbardscupboard.com/garlic-and-chilli-mussels
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns