- 12 raw tiger prawns
- 1 small chillies (birdseye)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 Corriander root
- 50 g unsalted peanuts
- 2 green mangos, grated
- 25 g palm sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 25 ml rice wine vinegar or mirin
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- fish sauce
- seseme oil
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 1-2 cup torn mint, thai basil and corriander leaves
Place peanuts into TM bowl and varoma speed soft 2 minutes. Cool for a few minutes in bowl in fridge. Add chilli, shallot, garlic corriander, 1/3 mango shreds and palm sugar. Turbo blitz until a smooth paste. Add half the lime juice and vinegar and speed soft 10 seconds. Add the rest of the mango, lime leaf, tomato and 2/3 of the corriander, basil and mint leaves. Add fish sauce to taste. Reverse speed soft 5 sec. Divide onto four plates.
Without washing bowl, add 500 g water and the prawns to the varoma basket. Varoma for five minutes speed soft until prawns are just pink. Mix prawns with the rest of the corriander, mint and basil, as well as seseme oil, lime jiuce and fish sauce. Divide over the four plates of salad.
Accessories you need
Prawns can be substitures for chicken.
Prawns can be cooked on the BBQ instead.
Prawns and salad can be transported separately to the picnic for extra time for the prawns to marinade.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- DILL AND BREADCRUMB SALMON TOPPING
- Tuna Casserole with Pulse Pasta
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Fragrant pipis
- Stir Fry Prawns
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- What's Left in the Kitchen Spicy Noodle Soup
- Strawberry daiquiri
- Cambodian Marinated Braised Beef (with a Thai twist)
- Edwina's lemon cheesecake
- Spicy sweet potato soup with chilli coriander cream
- Thai vietnamese noodle soup
- Thai Stir Fry Paste
- Spicy Thai Noodle Soup
- Vietnamese Prawn Noodle Salad
- Hot Thai Chilli Chicken
- Hearty Vegetable Soup with Chicken
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Asian Vegetable Stock Paste
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Kangaroo Rendang Curry
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip