- 2 cm piece galangal
- 2 cm piece turmeric
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp Red Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bird's eye chilli, trimmed
- 60 g fish sauce
- 60 g white vinegar
- 125 g young coconut juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 50 g green mango, julienned
- 1/2 pomelo, segmented
- 5 perilla leaves, sliced
- 5 Vietnamese mint leaves, sliced
- 2 x 100 g sea bass fish fillets, skin on
- sea salt
- 2 banana leaves (40 cm long), softened
- 500 g Boiling water
- 5 dried goji berries, rehydrated
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place galangal, turmeric, lemongrass and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add red curry powder, vegetable oil and fish sauce and combine 10 sec/speed 2. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to infuse. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place garlic and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place fish sauce, vinegar, coconut juice and sugar into mixing bowl and heat 3 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set aside to cool in mixing bowl.
- Transfer sauce into bowl with reserved garlic and chilli. Add lime juice, stir to combine and set aside.
- Place all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss to combine.
- Season fish with salt. Place into bowl with reserved marinade and coat. Place both pieces of fish onto 1 banana leaf and wrap.
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, insert Varoma tray and place wrapped fish onto it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 10-12 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- Lay remaining banana leaf onto a long serving platter and transfer fish onto the platter, skin side up. Place salad on top of the fish, dress with 2 tablespoons of Nuoc cham dressing and garnish with goji berries.
Nuoc cham dressing
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge