- 2 cm piece galangal
- 2 cm piece turmeric
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp Red Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bird's eye chilli, trimmed
- 60 g fish sauce
- 60 g white vinegar
- 125 g young coconut juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 50 g green mango, julienned
- 1/2 pomelo, segmented
- 5 perilla leaves, sliced
- 5 Vietnamese mint leaves, sliced
- 2 x 100 g sea bass fish fillets, skin on
- sea salt
- 2 banana leaves (40 cm long), softened
- 500 g Boiling water
- 5 dried goji berries, rehydrated
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place galangal, turmeric, lemongrass and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add red curry powder, vegetable oil and fish sauce and combine 10 sec/speed 2. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to infuse. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place garlic and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place fish sauce, vinegar, coconut juice and sugar into mixing bowl and heat 3 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set aside to cool in mixing bowl.
- Transfer sauce into bowl with reserved garlic and chilli. Add lime juice, stir to combine and set aside.
- Place all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss to combine.
- Season fish with salt. Place into bowl with reserved marinade and coat. Place both pieces of fish onto 1 banana leaf and wrap.
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, insert Varoma tray and place wrapped fish onto it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 10-12 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- Lay remaining banana leaf onto a long serving platter and transfer fish onto the platter, skin side up. Place salad on top of the fish, dress with 2 tablespoons of Nuoc cham dressing and garnish with goji berries.
Nuoc cham dressing
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles