- 1 kg white fish, (Bass good, inexpensive fish)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 centimetre piece ginger, julienne
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5-10 g coconut oil, cooking oil of choice
- 2 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp fennel, ground
- 2 fresh red chillis, with or without seeds depending on desired heat)
- 1 tbsp Curry paste, (optional)
- 1 can coconut milk, (400g)
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp TM stock
- 600 g water
Cut fish into 4cm pieces and marinate in 1 tsp of tumeric & salt in fridge until ready to use.
Slice onion and julienne ginger.
Place cumin and fennel into mixing bowl and dry roast 2 min/100 C/speed 1.
Once roasted, mill 2 min/speed 8.
Take out and set aside.
Place garlic in bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 8.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Place sliced onions and coconut oil in mixing bowl and sauté 5 min/70 C/Reverse/speed 1.
Then add tumeric, cumin, fennel, ginger, curry paste and sliced red chilli and sauté 2 min/100 C/ Reverse/speed 1.
Add all sauce ingredients and cook 5 min/100 C/Interval setting.
Add fish and cook for 6 min/100 C/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Leave the fish until a few minutes before serving. you dont want to over cook the fish.
I use Bass but any fish you like will lend itself to this dish as the curry sauce is mild and light.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Tuna Mornay
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- Roasted capsicum & jalapeno hummus (low salt)
- Fruit Crumble Muffins
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Chickpea and oat crackers