- 1 leek, White part
- 2-3 garlic clove
- 1-2 chilli, red, fresh, Halved and seeded
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp turmeric, Ground
- 1 heaped tsp ginger, Ground
- 1 heaped tsp cumin seed, Ground
- 1 heaped tsp coriander seeds, Ground
- 400 grams tinned tomato
- 750 grams water
- 2 level tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 250 grams red lentils, Rinsed and drained
- 450 grams fish fillets, Cut into cubes
- 120 grams baby spinach
- 1 lime juice, freshly squeezed
- pinches saffron thread
- freshly ground pepper
- 60 grams coconut cream
- cashew nuts, Chopped
- coriander leaves, Chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Cut leek into thirds and place in jug with chilli, garlic and olive oil. Chop 3 sec/speed 5/mc on. Sauté 3min/speed 1/mc on.
2. Add spices, tomato, stock paste, water and lentils into jug. Place fish cubes in varoma dish and place on top with lid in place. Cook 20 mins/varoma/ speed 1.
3. Place spinach, saffron threads and coconut cream into thermoserver pour the Dahl mixture over the top and stir through.
4. Add fish and gently fold through.
5. Crack pepper over the top and serve with extra coconut cream, coriander leaves and cashew nuts.
Accessories you need
You can also add extra chopped chilli and serve with Greek yoghurt
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers