THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 grams ice
- 1000 grams pork mince, finely ground and fatty
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon beetroot juice, or 1 tablespoon powder
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
- Grease you loaf tin well with butter, pork or beef fat. Set aside in the fridge for the fat to set.
- First crush the ice in the mixing bowl for 10 secs./speed 10. Set aside in the freezer.
In the mixing bowl blend 500g of the mince at 20 secs./speed 10.
On speed 6 slowly incorporate half of the ice. Set this portion aside in a bowl in the freezer.
- Add the other 500g mince and the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl and mince 20 secs./speed 10.
- On speed 6 slowly incorporate the other half of the ice.
- Add the reserved half to the bowl and mix at speed 3, using the spatular to get it going, until the two are well incorporated. You could split the seasoning and do half in each batch, but I find this easy.
- Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for half an hour while you preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced or 200°C for an older oven.
I have looked everywhere for some "grain" free or GAPS friendly small goods, ones without even gluten free rice flour. And the result has left me very hungry… So I decided to make my own! Now a Leberkäse for those who have not had it is like a big loaf of good Frankfurt sausage. You slice it and eat it cold or hot, steamed and juicy or gently fried until crispy. Amazing. So with a lot of research I have made this plain version, as well as an enriched on with actual liver (as the name does imply). Rather that use chemical pickling salts to get the pink colour, I used home made fermented beetroot Kvass. You could just use a little beetroot puree or juice or even powder. This really is essential for the right colour. I could have mixed the pork myself in the Thermomix, but I opted to get some pre minced from my local butcher who only sells it that way (minced to order). To cut out some of the work for poor Thermy and make it a quicker job.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ginger crunch
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad