- 300 g almonds
- 120 g coconut flakes
- 200 g pepitas, (Pumpkin Seeds)
- 200 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g linseed
- 200 g Other Nuts, (Your Choice)
- 400 g oats, (Leave out for Paleo)
- 250 g Saltanas
- 130 g coconut oil
- 200 g honey
Way 1 - MuseliWay 2 - Museli Bars (see Tips)Way 3 - Crumb Mix (see Tips)
Museli1. Grind up 100g of almonds into almond meal - 30sec/sp9 - put it in a huge massive bowl (I mean HUGE.. you may even need to use a bucket if you don't have a bowl big enough).
2. Crush the remaining 200g of almonds, plus the other nuts - 4sec/sp5 (or into whatever sized chunks you want). Chuck it in the bowl/bucket.
3. Dessicate (*he he*) your coconut - 20sec/sp5. Let it snow into the bucket.4. Add Pepitas and Sunflower Seeds to the bowl and crush a little for around 6sec/sp5. Into the bucket.5. Add oats to the bowl, crush for around 5sec/sp5. Just to break it up a bit. But if you want it a bit chewier leave them whole. Pop those in the bucket also. Add your linseed to the bucket now, no need to do anything else to these. 6. Add the coconut oil and honey to the bowl. Heat at 50degrees/3mins/sp2. Pour into the bucket. It wont seem like much, but stir through to try to get the liquid evenly distributed.
7. Lay your museli out on baking trays (lined with baking paper for easy clean up) and pop into a slow oven for 20mins (my oven is slow at 180 degrees, but this may burn your museli. Just keep an eye on it). Check and stir to move the museli around. Cook for another 10mins. You may be happy with where its at now, if not, pop it back in. Cook it until its toasted to your liking. Blackened is bad - tried that by accident :/8. Let cool in the trays, add saltanas after its cool (otherwise they swell then go rock hard), then store in an airtight container.
MUSELI BARSHeat 100g butter and 160g of honey for 3min/50degrees/sp2. Pour over 360g of the Museli. Mix well. Press into a slice tray and cook in the oven for 15-20mins at 180degrees. Make the slice indents as soon as it comes out of the oven, then allow to cool. Re-cut when cooled and store in an airtight container. CRUMB MIXI keep my museli saltana free (and add saltanas on top if eating as museli) so I have a delish crumb mix on hand. Wiz up for 20sec/sp5 (or depending how chunky you want your crumb mix) then use in place of bread crumbs.PALEOFor a paleo version - Dont add the oats. This recipe fills a 5lt container. The jar in the picture is a 5lt jar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Buster's Dog Food Stew
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Honey cheese bread
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Immune boosting brew
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Honey Joys (Qty 12-36)
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Up and Go
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Chocolate Panforte