- 300 gms Buckwheat kernels / Kuttu (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon red chilli paste
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 teaspoon roasted Cumin powder
- 1 cup diced potato (boiled)
- A handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
- Salt as required
- 1/2 cup coconut (freshly grated)
My favourite, easy and quick breakfast recipe is Kuttu ki khichdi (Buckwheat khichdi).
Buckwheat is a great substitution for rice!
You can make khichdi, pulao or even other variety of rice dishes with buckwheat.
This vegetable khichdi using buckwheat is the simplest dish just like any other khichdi and the taste is amazing too.
Soak buckwheat kernels in water. Boil, cook & drain to remove excess water.
Heat ghee in a pan, temper with crushed peanuts, whole cumin seeds.
Add chopped ginger, orientasian red chilly paste.
Add boiled potato, cooked buckwheat & mix well.
Season with salt.
Sprinkle cumin powder and fresh coriander.
Add freshly grated coconut and serve immediately.
Hope this answer helps! Have a great day ahead!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap
- Chaffles diet doctor
- Aly's Leftovers Stack (Inspired by the Mexican Stack)
- Healthy Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Poached Eggs Cafe Style (TM5)
- Poached Eggs Cafe Style (TM6)
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Hannah's Pizza Dough
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Masala Dosa
- Outlook PST Recovery