- 300 gms Buckwheat kernels / Kuttu (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon red chilli paste
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 teaspoon roasted Cumin powder
- 1 cup diced potato (boiled)
- A handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
- Salt as required
- 1/2 cup coconut (freshly grated)
- My favourite, easy and quick breakfast recipe is Kuttu ki khichdi (Buckwheat khichdi).
Buckwheat is a great substitution for rice!
You can make khichdi, pulao or even other variety of rice dishes with buckwheat.
This vegetable khichdi using buckwheat is the simplest dish just like any other khichdi and the taste is amazing too.
Soak buckwheat kernels in water. Boil, cook & drain to remove excess water.
Heat ghee in a pan, temper with crushed peanuts, whole cumin seeds.
Add chopped ginger, orientasian red chilly paste.
Add boiled potato, cooked buckwheat & mix well.
Season with salt.
Sprinkle cumin powder and fresh coriander.
Add freshly grated coconut and serve immediately.
Hope this answer helps! Have a great day ahead!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Chicken & Vegetable Pot Pies
- Gluten free pasta
- Ibu Sambal
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Honey Chicken
- CREAMY TOMATO AND CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- Korma Paste
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Devilled Chicken
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake