- 250 grams bacon or ham, roughly chopped
- 200 grams Gruyere Cheese (or similar), cut into pieces
- 6 eggs
- 400 grams cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Handful Baby Spinach Leaves, cut up a little bit
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 200 grams plain flour
- 100 grams Butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 grams water, chilled
8Recipe is created for
Place flour, butter and salt in TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6 until mixture resembles breadcrumbs
Add water and knead for 20 seconds on interval speed to form dough
Add a little more water if necessary to bind
Turn mixture onto floured board and knead lightly
Put into refrigerator for 15 minutes before rolling out and using
Pre heat the oven to 180°C
Place bacon/ham into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5, set aside
Place cheese in TM bowl and grate for 8 seconds on speed 4
Add eggs, cream, pepper and salt and mix for 15 seconds on speed 2.
Roll out the pastry to fix a large springform dish or high sided baking dish. Pour the egg mixture into the tin and the remaining ingredients (bacon, spinach, mushrooms, spring onions) and gently mix together, without damaging the pastry case.
Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top.
The pastry can be baked prior to adding mixture.
Roll out to fit your tin. Prick pastry base with a folk and bake in a preheated oven (200°C) for 15 minutes or until golden.
** If blind baking, remember to turn the oven down to 180°C before putting in the quiche
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Veggie Filled Quiche
- Keto Carbonara
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Steam Pork Bun
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Moist Chocolate Cake
- Trish's Slice - Caramel Oat Slice
- Apple and sage sauce
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two