- 80 grams Butter, Or 60g oil for dairy free version
- 1 onion, Quartered
- 200 grams tomatoes, Tinned or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 grams tomato paste
- 400 grams cream, Or coconut cream for dairy free version
- 2 heaped teaspoons sugar, Raw or white
- 600 grams chicken thigh fillet, Each cut into 6 pieces1
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Blitz garlic and ginger for 3 seconds on speed 5. Put in a bowl with the chicken. Add rest of chicken mix ingredients and mix well. Put in the fridge and leave.
Chop onion for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add butter and cinnamon. Saute for 3 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1
Add tomatoes and sugar and cook for 2 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1
When cooked blend for 1 minute / speed 7. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl.
Insert butterfly and add chicken
Cook for 10 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1
Add cream and tomato paste and cook for 15 minutes / 100 degrees / Speed 1
Garnish with coriander and an extra dollop of cream and serve with rice and naan bread.
If you are looking for a healthy version, this is not it...however, there is a dairy free variation for those with dairy allergy/intolerance
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Veggie Filled Quiche
- Keto Carbonara
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Steam Pork Bun
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Shortcrust Pastry