- 150 g Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 60 g water
- 60 g olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 15 g olive oil
- 1000 g Fresh tomatoes, peeled, (or 2 x 400g canned diced tomatoes)
- 100 g ham slices, diced
- 50 g green olives, halved
- 50 g black or kalamata olives, halved
- 4 eggs
- Milk, 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- to taste Salt and pepper
1h 20minPreparation 50minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all pastry ingredients into bowl. Combine for 20 seconds at speed 4.
Turn dough out onto a thermomat or floured surface and work into a ball. Cover in cling wrap and rest for 1 hour.
Place onion and garlic in bowl. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add olive oil and saute for 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
Add tomatoes to the bowl. Cook for 30 minutes, Varoma, speed 1 with the simmering basket on top to allow the mixture to reduce. Periodically check the simmering basket to make sure the holes remain clear and unblocked.
Add olives, ham and eggs. Mix together for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Dissolve 3 tablespoons of cornflour in 1/3 cup of milk. Add to tomato mixture and combine for 10 seconds on speed 1.
Roll out pastry and place into the base of a pie dish. Fill the pastry case with tomato mixture. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until filling has set.
Accessories you need
This is a great way to use fresh tomatoes. If using fresh tomatoes, peel after simmering in boiling water for 3 minutes, then plunge into cold water. The skin should then be easy to peel off.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Chicken & Vegetable Pot Pies
- Gluten free pasta
- Ibu Sambal
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Honey Chicken
- CREAMY TOMATO AND CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- Korma Paste
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Devilled Chicken
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Lemon and Pecan Syrup Loaf
- Apple Kuchen Slice
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Apple Cinnamon Custard Muffins
- Miso Chicken Ramen
- King Neptune Pie
- Pistachio and Rose Semolina Cake
- Cinnamon Spice Biscuits
- Tuna and Champignon Toasts
- Jamie Oliver's Vegan Dim Sum Buns (steamed mushroom buns)
- Challah Bread
- Orange and cocoa balls
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Caramilk Truffles
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli