- 150 g Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 60 g water
- 60 g olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 15 g olive oil
- 1000 g Fresh tomatoes, peeled, (or 2 x 400g canned diced tomatoes)
- 100 g ham slices, diced
- 50 g green olives, halved
- 50 g black or kalamata olives, halved
- 4 eggs
- Milk, 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- to taste Salt and pepper
1h 20minPreparation 50minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all pastry ingredients into bowl. Combine for 20 seconds at speed 4.
Turn dough out onto a thermomat or floured surface and work into a ball. Cover in cling wrap and rest for 1 hour.
Place onion and garlic in bowl. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add olive oil and saute for 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
Add tomatoes to the bowl. Cook for 30 minutes, Varoma, speed 1 with the simmering basket on top to allow the mixture to reduce. Periodically check the simmering basket to make sure the holes remain clear and unblocked.
Add olives, ham and eggs. Mix together for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Dissolve 3 tablespoons of cornflour in 1/3 cup of milk. Add to tomato mixture and combine for 10 seconds on speed 1.
Roll out pastry and place into the base of a pie dish. Fill the pastry case with tomato mixture. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until filling has set.
This is a great way to use fresh tomatoes. If using fresh tomatoes, peel after simmering in boiling water for 3 minutes, then plunge into cold water. The skin should then be easy to peel off.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Mushroom and Pancetta Risotto
- Greek bechamel sauce (for pastitsio)
- Banana pancakes
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)