- 50 grams rolled oats
- 30 grams Linseeds, (golden or brown)
- 25 grams stale bread, approx 1 slice
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 Medium Carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 60 grams corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- green tabasco sauce, few drops to taste
- Add oats and flaxseeds to bowl and grind 15secs Sp10
- Add bread, nutritional yeast flakes, spices & salt. Mix 5secs Sp7 or until bread is crumbed. Set aside into medium sized bowl.
- Set speed to 7 and drop garlic clove onto moving blade quickly followed by MC. Stop chopping when you hear it no longer hitting the side of the bowl (approx 4-5 secs)
- Add onion to bowl and chop for 4secs Sp5, scrape down sides
- Add oil and tabasco sauce and saute 3min 100deg Sp1 (MC off)
- Add carrot, capsicum & coriander leaves & chop 4sec Sp4.5 then transfer to bowl with dry ingredients.
- Add 200g of beans into bowl and set rest aside with other ingredients. Blend 10sec Sp5
- Add all ingredients back into the bowl with the beans and mix 5sec REV Sp4
- With wet hands, form into patties or small balls and refridgerate for 30 minutes to set (don't skip this step).
- Shallow fry till golden brown on outside and warm through. Serve on buns with all the trimmings.
This dish is Vegan but you can add some cheese instead of the nutritional yeast flakes if you prefer. Use GF bread if needed.
Nice as an appetiser in small balls and served with chipotle mayo.
Inspired by recipe from www.theglowingfridge.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Peas Pulao
- Veg Fajita Pasta
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Paneer kadhai masala
- Gorgonzola and Gouda Sauce
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu