- brown rice
100g long grain brown rice
200g coconut milk
Use whatever veggies you'd like, but here is a list of my favourites!
1 carrot, sliced into halved medallions
2 spring/green onions, diced
4 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 yellow capsicum/pepper, diced
1/4 green capsicum/pepper, diced
Sliced chili to taste
1 TM measuring cup frozen peas & corn
*1 chicken breast or 2 short bacon pieces, diced if there is a meat-eater
Dash of soy sauce
Dash of sesame oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Place TM basket into TM bowl. Add rice. Remove. Add coconut milk and water. Rinse rice and put basket back into bowl. Place Varoma on top (it's empty at this point). Cook 35-40 minutes, Varoma, speed 4.
While rice is cooking, prepare your veg. They don't need to be cooked until the last 15-20 minutes so don't rush!
Add all veg at 20 minutes remaining, into the Varoma. *If cooking meat, use the top tray, lined with dampened baking paper to cook chicken or bacon.
Lift out TM basket. Discard remaining liquid. Tip rice into TM bowl. Add veggies into TM bowl. Add oil. Cook 30 seconds, 100, REVERSE, soft speed.
Add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir 30 seconds, REVERSE, soft speed.
Serve. (Add meat and give another stir once the vego's portion is out if you'd like!)
This healthy, vegan dinner is delicious! Of course, if you have a meat eater to please I have added the steps to help you out*! Packed with vegetables and steamed instead of fried, you will find this is a light and tasty dish.
TIP: Always keep an eye on the water level when cooking rice. If you can't see it swishing around on your rice you must add more.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- That Thermo Woman - Toddler Pleasing Pasta
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Prawns with Pasta
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Mexican Chicken Bake
- Variation MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- Quick Noodles
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Hillbilly's Special Non Fried Rice
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Delicious french onion and spinach cob loaf
- Fruit and Veg Slurpie
- 1 ingredient peanut butter - Clone of Quick and Easy Peanut Butter
- Rice bubble slice - refined sugar free, lunch box friendly!
- Delicious french onion dip
- Nushi's Tahini Paste
- Nushi's Thai Basil and Spinach Pesto
- Nushi's Banana and Blueberry Pikelets
- Nushi's Mango Chia Pudding
- Nushi's Varomarised Chook
- Nushi's Kashmiri Chicken, Lentil and Pumpkin Curry