- 150 grams Jasmine rice (rinsed well)
- 100 grams quinoa (rinsed and soaked), Rinsed and soaked for about an hour
- 4 pieces bacon rindless eye rashes
- 2 stalks shallots
- 1 can coconut milk/cream
- 600 grams of water, (refill the empty coconut milk can to rinse all of it out)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- vegetables of your choice, approx 200-400g of chopped and mixed veggies.
- 6 eggs
- 40 grams olive oil
- 20 grams Seasame oil
- 2 teaspoons of Tamari or soy sauce
- 60 grams raw cashews, use more if you want the sauce thicker
- 1 tablespoon Raw Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 15 grams Fresh Ginger Peeled
- 1/2 to a whole large red chilli, (only use half if you don&amp;#039;t want to spicy)
- 50 grams of freshly squeezed lemon juice, (approx 1-2 lemons)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Wet a piece of Baking Paper and scrunch all of the water out and line the Varoma Tray with it.
Place the 200-400g of mixed veggies into the Varoma Basket.
Next place the Varoma tray lined with baking paper on top.
Next place the bacon and shallots into the bowl and put the lid and measuring cup into place and chop for 4 secs speed 4.
Next set the timer for 2 mins> temp at 100c>reverse speed 1.
Next add the cooked bacon and shallots into the lined Varoma tray, spread evenly over the baking paper.
Next add the 6 eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper into the bowl and blend them for 6 secs> speed 6.
Next pour the egg mix over the top of the bacon and shallots evenly over the baking paper on the Varoma tray.
Next without washing the bowl put the bowl back into place and add the coconut milk/cream and water and vegetable stock paste.
Next insert the Simmering basket, then add the rice and Quinoa.
Next pop the lid on then carefully place the Varoma basket and tray into place and set the timer for 22 mins>speed 3.5>Varoma temp. (make sure the baking paper isn't covering the holes on the Varoma tray)
Next make sure the egg is cooked and slice with your spatula and put it into your Thermoserver, then mix through the mixed Vegetables, then add the Rice and Quinoa, then pop the lid on to keep Warm.
****DO NOT DISCARD THE REDUCED COCONUT MILK***
Place all of the sauce ingredients into the bowl and blend for 1min> speed 9.
**BE SURE TO INCREASE THE SPEED FROM 1-9 GRADUALLY**
**If you want the sauce thicker simply add more cashews and blend it again for 1 min> speed 9.
Rice and Quinoa Preparation.
You can also disregard the 200-400g of mixed cooked vegetables (so leave out that stepof cooking them) and add in some raw vegetables like 100g of baby spinach, one carrot, and a stalk of celery and chop them first and set aside (before the Bacon and shallots method) at 5sec>speed 6, and add them in instead of the cooked veggies. Also if you dont like Quinoa you can just use all rice.
**this was a recipe one of our local talented Group leaders once did at one of our cooking classes and I have tweaked it for my family and they all love it!**
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Green Apple and Kiwi Fruit Soft serve Ice Cream (Fruity Dream)
- Anzac Cheesecake Slice
- Home Made Philly Cream Cheese
- Healthy Coconut steamed fried Rice
- Varoma Style Butterflied Leg of lamb and Veggies.
- Clone of Old Fashioned Traditional Chocolate Fudge
- Old Fashioned Traditional Chocolate Fudge