- 20 grams oil
- 60 grams parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 onion quartered
- 2-4 cloves garlic fresh
- 150 cubes bacon or ham
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 tsp chicken stock paste
- 800 grams water
- 10 grams balsamic vinegar
- 350 grams penne pasta, or your favourite
- 180 grams Mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 120 grams cream
- 4 Eggs ( or enough for 1 per person)
Place onion, garlic and herbs in TM bowl. Chop on speed 7 for 3-5 seconds.
Add oil and bacon cubes to TM bowl. Sauté on the VEROMA, speed 1 for 5 minutes.
Add water, mushrooms, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, pasta, salt and pepper to TM bowl.
Cook on 100 degrees, speed 1, reverse for 18 minutes or until paster is 'al dente' (tender but still firm to the bite).
When the sauce has 5 minutes until finished, poach eggs in a pan on the stove and set aside. Cover with foil to keep warm.
When sauce and pasta has finished cooking, add cream and mix on reverse, speed 1 for 30 seconds or until combined.
Sprinkle each serve with Parmesan cheese and top with a poached egg.
Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara
Marinate slices of chicken breast with garlic and herbs, fry in a fry pan and serve on top of the pasta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna and vegetable pasta bake
- Easy Cheesey Mac and Cheese
- Curried Tuna & Rice
- Quick and Easy Pasta
- Spicy Arrabbiata
- Coconut and Pinapple, Chicken Risotto
- Chicken and Chorizo Risotto (Variant)
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)
- Kampung Fried Rice (Village style fried rice)
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub
- Zucchini Slice
- LCHF Brownies with pecans
- Choc Protein Rum Ball Recipe
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Mango mousse
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad