- 50 grams Parmasen Cheese, Cut into cubes
- 1/2 brown onion, Medium Size
- 5 cloves garlic fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Flat leafed Italian Parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500 grams Liquid Chicken Stock, Pg 18 in the Everyday cooking for the family cook book
- extra water, approx 500 ml
- 50 grams olive oil
- 350 grams arborio rice
- 100 grams verjuice or white wine
- 300 grams Calamari, Cleaned Calamari Tubes, thinly sliced
- 50 grams rocket leaves
Recipe is created for
Place the Parmasen cheese into TM Bowl and pulvarise for 10 sec on speed 9. Set aside
On to running blades chop garlic. Stop and scrape down sides then add onion and chop for 3 secs on speed 6.
Add the oil and saute for 2 mins at 100 degrees C on Speed 1
Insert Butterfly the add rice and verjuice or wine in to TM Bowl and cook for 2 mins at 100 degrees C on Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" + "Gentle stir setting"
Add stock, and water do not use all the extra water as you will need room to put the calamari into the bowl.
Cook for 13 mins at 100 degrees C on Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" + "Gentle stir setting"
When the rice is almost ready add in the calamari and cook, stirring, for 4 mins at 100 degrees C on "Counter-clockwise operation" + "Gentle stir setting" ., or until opaque and tender. Stir in parsley and two-thirds of the parmesan. Stir in rocket and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt.
Garnish with remaining parmesan and freshly ground black pepper and serve. Enjoy
Accessories you need
The original recipe by Curtis Stone was featured in Coles monthly and has been converted for use in the Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto