- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, bruised
- 40 grams Fresh Ginger Peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 300 grams long grain rice
- 700 grams chicken Stock or water + 2 tbs of TM stock
- 4 fillets Skinless Salmon (Approx 800g)
- 1 bunch Baby Bok Choy, Halved
- 1 bunch coriander leaf
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Red long chilli, thinly sliced
- Soy Sauce, to serve
- Place lemon grass, ginger and garlic into TM bowl, chop 5 sec / sp7, scrape down
- Add oil and sauté 3 min / Varoma / sp1
- Remove 2/3 of lemongrass mixture, set aside
- Add rice and sauté 2min/100C//
- Tip rice into TM basket
- Toss salmon with the reserve 2/3 of lemongrass mixture, season with sea salt flakes
- Fill TM bowl with 800ml of water with 2 tbs of TM stock (or 800g of chicken stock)
- Insert basket into TM bowl, place Varoma dish and tray in position and cook 15 - 18 mins / Varoma / sp 4. Check to see if salmon cook through.
- Add in veggies in the last 5 mins of cooking time into Varoma dish
- Serve pilaf with salmon, top with coriander, basil and chopped chilli, drizzle with soy sauce (or tamari)
Recipe can be modified to have chicken instead of Salmon
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Curried Tuna & Rice
- Quick and Easy Pasta
- Spicy Arrabbiata
- Coconut and Pinapple, Chicken Risotto
- Chicken and Chorizo Risotto (Variant)
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)
- Kampung Fried Rice (Village style fried rice)
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto