THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 5 potatoes
- 3 carrots, medium/large
- 4 sweet corn cobs
- 4 pieces pumpkin
- 300 grams assorted frozen or fresh vegetables
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Peel potatoes, wash and cut into 3cm cubes and place in the steamer basket.
(Time saving tip - you can wash potatoes and leave skin on if you don't mind flecks of skin throughout your mashed potatoe)
- Peel and cut carrots - Julienne or rounds
place across base of large varoma tray
(ensure some of the steam holes are free for steam ventilation)
- Peel and cut pumpkin and corn cobs into serving sized portions.
Place on top of carrots.
- Add frozen vegetables above carrots.
(Option - You can space your vegetables out using smaller varoma tray as well if you are not a fan of mixing your vegetables)
- Add water to jug so that blades are completely covered.
- Place steaming basket containing potatoes in "Closed lid" . Draining vents should be facing the front of the jug.
Replace lid and place varoma tray/s and lid
- 27 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2
(If you prefer your vegetables crispier, you can begin cooking potatoes with lid and measuring cup in place and then remove measuring cup and add varoma later in cooking process eg after 10 mins)
- Place vegetables from Varoma in Thermoserver to keep warm, or cover with a tea towel to contain heat.
- Using spatula, remove steamer basket from jug. Tip water from jug and insert butterfly whisk. (Hint whisk should sit behind the blade that has the mountain like bump)
- Minimal additional liquid is required for mash. Use 1 tablespoon of butter, margarine, cream, milk or water.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip 30 seconds, speed 3-4. Serve with steamed vegetables.
Accessories you need
This is our standard way of cooking vegetables to accompany a typical meat and 3 veg meal.
We like soft vegetables, adjust cooking time of vegetables in Varoma to suit your liking.
Easy to prepare ahead of time and then just turn on when ready to prepare meal.
Chicken and fish can be steamed in the top section of the varoma at the same time. Baking paper can help prevent dripping flavours from chicken and fish into vegetables if this is a concern.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple Caramel Slice
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Playdough - Bulk recipe for childcare, school, kindergarten etc
- Banana Cake
- BLISS BALL BASE QUANTITIES (MIX AND MATCH INGREDIENTS)
- Honey Joys (Qty 12-36)
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Muesli Bar Slice
- Hedgehog Slice (Large)
- Milk Block Icy Poles - Traditional
- Easy Sticky Date Puddings (Bulk)