THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 550 gram red cabbage, Cut in to chunks
- 500 gram Beetroot, Cut in to 3cm chunks
- 350 gram apple, green > to be substitute by 5488, Granny Smith, skin on, cored and cut in to 3cm chunks
- 4 heaped teaspoons sea salt, Maldon Sea Salt is best
- 2 level teaspoons Fennel seed
- 1 level teaspoons caraway seed
Weigh beetroot and add Chop 3 secs, speed 5, scrap down sides, Chop again 3 secs, speed 5. Empty in to the large bowl.
Weigh apple and add Chop 3 secs, speed 5, scrap down sides, Chop again 3 secs, speed 5. Empty in to large bowl.
Add your sea salt, fennel seeds, caraway seeds to the bowl.
Place on a pair of gloves and mix together all ingredients by scrunching the mixture up (this is bruising the veggies etc and will assist fermentation.
Then use your flat ended rolling pin and bash all around the bowl. I leave this on my bench and go about other things, coming back every so often to bash it down some more.
You will notice it gets juicy.
Using gloves again, divide the mixture with brine in to your 2 steralised glass jars. Pushing down as you go. You can use your rolling pin again here.
Ensure all mixture is below the brine and push your Viscodiscs right down.
Pop you lids on and place in darl cupboard.
Every day you will need to 'burp' you jars by removing the lids. have a little taste (this is great for extra gut health benefits).
It is up to you how many days you leave it but I would leave it at least 5.
Once you like the taste put your jars in the fridge and enjoy.
Accessories you need
For this bulk recipe I use 2 500ml Fowlers jars with the green sealing lids and I also use viscodiscs to hold everything under the brine.
You will also need a large bowl, a flat ended Rolling pin or similar and gloves.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Beetroot pickle
- Hidden Goodness Açai Smoothie
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Mexican Sandwich
- Beetroot And Chickpeas Kebab:
- Veg Sandwich
- Moist Beetroot Brownie
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Orange, Beetroot and Carrot juice- with a kick of ginger!
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)