- 1 Cabbage roughly chopped, Green or Red
- 11/2 tablespoons Unrefined Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons Rapadura Sugar, Can use honey or other unrefined & evapourated sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place half of the roughly chopped cabbage in TM bowl.
Chop 5-8 seconds, speed 4 or until desired consistency. Use spatula to push cabbage down onto the blades.
Repeat above step with second half of the cabbage.
Tip into large clean bowl, Add salt, caraway seeds and sugar.
With your hands mix and squeeze and push the cabbage firmly down to extract juices. Leave about 15 minutes and do this again.
There should now be liquid. Place into a sterilized jar and push down, making sure liquid covers cabbage. If not add some water.
Cover with lid or teatowel and place jar in a dark, warm spot in your kitchen for 1-3 weeks. Takes the shorter time in a hot climate.
When it is ready it will taste tangy and sour.
If you have any white scum (harmless) on the top, skim off.
Store sealed jar in the refrigerator once it is fermented.
Usually last 2 months once opened and 12 months unopened.
Can do this in TM31 too
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Merryl's Family Chocolate Cake
- TM5 Spaghetti Carbonara Basic Chip Variation
- Shortbread by Elizabeth
- TM5 Classic Tomato Sauce
- Vegetarian Bean, Chickpea & Lentil Curry
- Tasty Plum Sauce
- Fresh Pina Colada
- Not-Too-Sweet Banana Bread
- Upside-Down Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Easy Apricot Jam