- 170 grams pre-marinated garlic prawns
- 450 grams pork, diced
- 1 cup dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 20 grams spring onions, (green section)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- wonton or siu mai wrappers
- 1 litre Boiling water
- mini cubed carrots, (for garnishing)
Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in warm water for approximately 20-30 minutes. When completely softened, squeeze the excess liquid and moisture out of the mushrooms. Set aside.
Place spring onion greens into the bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. You may need to do this twice to ensure the spring onions are finely chopped. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Add the soaked mushrooms and chop 5 sec / speed 7. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Add the pork, prawns, egg whites, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, cornstarch, sugar and vegetable stock concentrate and mix 40 sec / speed 5 / .
Divide the meat mixture between wonton wrappers and push together into small purse shapes, with a flat bottom and without sealing the tops. Place assembled sui mai’s onto the Varoma tray and garnish with the mini cubed carrots.
Rinse out your Thermomix bowl and add boiling water. Set the Varoma into position and steam 16 minutes / Varoma / speed 2. When finished, served while hot.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti