- 150 grams spinach or kale, fresh and spun dry
- 1 medium onion, guartered
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese, chunks
- 20 grams Olive Oil or Butter
- to taste Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 35 grams plain flour
- 1/4 level teaspoon nutmed, ground
- 20 grams Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup pure cream
Chop leaves using pulse button x 2, use spatula to mix leaves as they chop, remove from bowl and set aside. Chop Parmesan on speed 8 for 8 seconds, remove and set aside. Chop onion for 2 seconds on speed 7. Add olive oil or butter to onion and saute on temp 100 with mc off until translucent and aromatic, approximately 5 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl during sauteing. Add salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Add flour and continue cooking for two mins. Gradually add cream and continue cooking until white onion sauce forms. Add green leaves and parmesan cheese and mix on reverse speed 1. Continue cooking on temp 80, reverse speed 1 for approximately 10 mins. Pour into baking dish or dishes, sprinkly grated parmesan cheese on top. .Freeze at this stage or bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 180 degree celcius oven.
Ensure that you spin dry your green leaves after rinsing them to remove excess water otherwise your dish will be too runny. Freezes exceptionally well. Freeze at prebake stage. You can use mix of grated cheddar and parmesan for sprinkling on top.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans