- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 200 g buckwheat
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
Place sieve over a bowl. Spread buckwheat around sides of sieve, cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature until sprouted (1-2 days), repeating rinsing 2-3 times a day. Once sprouted, do not rinse again as you want them to be fairly dry when placed in the fridge. They will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
For the salad, chop fennel and celery into chunks, apple into quarters and place in Thermomix bowl along with lemon juice, olive oil and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chop for 3-4 seconds on speed 5.
Transfer to serving bowl and mix in sprouted buckwheat. You will probably only need half the quantity of sprouted buckwheat that you have made so add to taste and use the extras to give a nutritional boost to other salads and sandwiches.
Sprouting the buckwheat requires planning but really adds to the nutrition and texture of this salad, and is a very simple process. You will need to begin this recipe 2 days ahead of time.
Chopped walnuts or pecans make a nice addition to this salad
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kuttu Ki Khicdi
- Hot Cross Muffins GF & DF
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- Breakfast Chaffles
- No more coco pops- Puffed Buckwheat choc cereal
- Gluten Free Waffle Mixture
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie